Tuesday, May 25, 2004

For today's edition I wrote this story. When you think about it, it's kind of cute. I'm not the kind of girl that would expect anything like that though. Hell, I'd just be happy to have a boyfriend right now. One thing that struck me while I was talking to the gentleman that proposed was that after only six months of dating he did this. I was mildly shocked. Six months?! Jeez. I have always lived under the impression that you should actually be with someone a long time before the M word comes up. Maybe it's more like if you know, you know.

Like I told my friend Michelle last night, I have a hard enough time committing to one type of shampoo for six months.

Thank god the weather has improved around here. Oh, don't get me wrong, we're still in full summer mode but the humidity broke last night and I was actually able to get some sleep. The house is almost bearable now. One of the hardest adjustments I've had to make is going from having central air to not. I'm a cool weather person. Bring on the sweater weather! When I lived in the apartment with Marti I always readjusted the AC before I went to bed. Around 70 was where I liked it. Luckily the electrician is supposed to get started soon so we can put in the window air conditioners.

With the weather as nice as it is I got in a nice run today. My allergies weren't too happy with me but oh well, that's the price you pay. Helped me clear my head and focus a little more on finding a new job. It's time. I've got to freaking get out of this town soon or I'm going to go nuts! Ugh. Change is good. Very good.

No comments: