Wednesday, June 16, 2004


To sleep, perchance to dream...if only I could. Posted by Hello

Last night as I was laying in bed (unable to sleep yet again) I had an epiphany. Or maybe it was just the Sheetz buffalo chicken wrap I had for dinner talking, I don't know. But this thought popped into my head.

Everything happens for a reason. You just need to deal with it, suck it up and move on with life. What's happened has happened and there's no need to dwell on it.

Profound, huh? O.k., maybe not but I thought about it more today and it makes sense. I have a bad habit of swallowing my emotions, acting like everythings fine until one day BAMO, it all backs up on me and I freak out like a five year old having a temper tantrum.

I've seriously got to stop doing that.

But I digress. My dear friend Brent is now officially back in the good old U.S. of A. Until September at least when he will once again go gallivanting off to Africa to study, yes you guessed it, monkies. I honestly don't know what it is with this boy and monkies. This next time he'll be heading off to the Congo. Not exactly the most politically stable countries in the world. But if he can survive in Kenya for a year and a half I guess he can handle Congo for six months. Yesterday the room mate called to just leave the new phone number with his 'rents but he was there by the time he called so we chatted for a little bit. Brent told me the first thing he ate was Burger King. Only Brent. I can't wait to see him again. He's supposed to be coming for a visit sometime in the near future. I'm sure there will be many good stories out of that visit.

On another note, I was kind of "set up" via email with a friend of a friend. We've emailed twice now. In his last email he told me he would write after the weekend was over and things settled down. I said o.k., sent him my picture (probably a big mistake) and told him I'd talk to him later. Well, it's Wednesday. No email. I understand people are busy but a little one liner to say hey would be nice.

Nothing like the old ignore and run. I probably shouldn't have sent the picture. Scares 'em everytime.

On that note, I'm off to kickboxing. Work off some steam and hopefully tire myself out so much I'll actually sleep tonight.

No comments: