Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Too funny. I laughed so hard I think I peed myself. Guess I better start looking for some paper towels. Or blame the wet spot on the chair on a "spilled" drink.

So now on with the weekend recap. Other than the camping trip things were pretty uneventful. I worked Friday night and then went out with Lyzz after deadline. Unfortunately I also forgot how hard it is for me to get up after several beers and only four hours of sleep. The yard sale Saturday morning was brutal. I was so tired I came home and took a nap. Too bad it was a 4-1/2 hour long slumber that caused me to miss the entire Penn State football game. Bummer. At least they won though, right Rob?! We (meaning a group of co-workers from the Lobster and some friends of the guy whose camp site we were going to) left our meeting point around 11 p.m. Sunday night and got to the parking point somewhere around 11:30ish. Then we hiked in. Oh boy, did we ever hike in. It took us an hour to get back to where the site was carrying all of our goodies and climbing over rocks, sliding down cliffs and hacking our way through brambles. I've got the bruises, scratches and bug bites to prove it.

I was never so glad to see a campfire in all of my life.

After we got to the site and settled down for a little bit then we started drinking. Most of the people that were there already had been hitting the sauce since early evening so they were pretty well gone by the time we got there. It didn't matter though, most of us caught up in no time. I had taken one of those bottles of premixed alcohol (Blue Raspberry Lemonade) from the liquor store. It was housed in about two hours. Good thing I paced myself because let me tell you, getting sick out where we were would not have been fun. Poor Connie was so hungover and sick the next day she sat back in the "bathroom area" for the better part of the morning trying to keep water down. I finally crashed around 5:30 yesterday morning. Oddly enough I was up and ready to go by 9:30. I took the opportunity to wander around the island a little bit more and see what was what since it was pitch dark when we arrived. The island is awesome. Right out in the middle of the Susquehanna, plenty of trees and there's even a little landing for a canoe or kayak on the rocks. Gorgeous. I made the remark at one point that the place must be especially pretty later in autumn when all of the leaves are changed over to the bright reds, oranges and yellows of fall. Someone else suggested we should hike out in October, just during the day of course. I think I may go back!

Last night after work I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch when I came home. Since I promised to call someone later I hit my pillow around 10:30 and set my alarm so I could call at 12:30. I'm glad I did, it was nice to hear his voice even if I was only half coherent at the time. Tonight I fully intend on getting a good night's sleep. The final night of hockey tryouts is tomorrow night and after my performance last week I need to make a good showing. Otherwise I'll be spending my time playing in-house. That would not be good.



No comments: