Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I'll love him and pet him and call him George

For the past couple of months I've been on a kick about getting a cat.

I've never owned one, mind you, but lately I've just been obsessed with the idea of having a nice little furry ball of playfullness all to myself. Room mate #1 has Room mate #3. Room mate #2 has the girlfriend. What the hell do I have? Nothing. I got nothing I tell you. All I'm asking for is something to love me unconditionally or at least provide love under the pretense that I could someday stop feeding it if it didn't.

Is that too much to ask for? I think not.

As I was reading this story this morning I couldn't help but hear the clock start ticking a little bit louder. There was a point in my life when I couldn't even imagine myself as married with kids. Now, well, now the idea is out there. Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not an all consuming desire to meet Mr. Right, have 2.5 kids and live in the 'burbs for the rest of my life. No. It's getting to be more and more like one of those it would be nice if it happens but my life isn't going to end if it doesn't kind of things.

Besides, I am heading into the Jordan Years. Wouldn't want anything holding me back, would I?

1 comment:

Denise said...

Totally get the cat...the cuddling is worth all of the logistical details, I promise!