Friday, November 04, 2005

Story of my life

This morning provided yet another example of why I should not be allowed in public before I've had a cup of coffee.

As I was standing in line at Sheetz for my Big Deal bagel and Harvest Spice Cup'occino, I happened to notice the guy in front of me. He seemed to be my age. Had wonderful deep blue eyes. I saw no ring on the left hand (hey, when you get to be my age, it's automatic to look) and the part that got me, he smelled sooooo good.

He just happened to end up in front of me in the line to pay. On a whim, I leaned a little closer to get a good whiff of whatever cologne he was wearing...and ended up getting bumped by another patron right into him.

Sigh.

My face turned about six different shades of red as all I could stammer out was "Uh, sorry. Guess I'm useless until I get my first cup of coffee down."

Luckily he let me off with a "Hey, no problem", paid and didn't say another word.

I on the other hand will probably have to not go to that Sheetz for the next year and a half.

No comments: