Tuesday, January 31, 2006

So ends the quiet

Today my peace and quiet ends. The last 30 days of complete bliss, of not having to race someone to the bathroom at 5:30 a.m., of not hearing a voice that sounds like nails on a chalk board comes to a screeching halt.

Today, Stupid Girlfriend returns from her month long vacay in Germany.

Granted, it is nice to have another girl around the house but the level to which this girl gets on my nerves can not be measured. Her constant whining about work (she has yet to start her first real world job, mind you), her room mates (yes, she does have a place of her own) and just her being around in general. Stupid Girlfriend is the kind of person I can only take in small doses as it is. Now that she doesn't have school to preoccupy her and about two weeks until the start of her SUPER, WONDERFUL, HIGH PAYING! job (gag me) she'll be in the house all.the.time.

Lord give me strength.

As a gesture of kindess (and something I can use as a bargaining chip later), I've agreed to vacate the house for a few hours so Room mate #2 and Stupid Girlfriend can have some...ahem..."alone time". Room mate #2 was nice enough to head off to work early two weeks ago when Mr. M came over so I guess it's only fair I return the gesture. Besides, you never know when I may need that favor returned. Wink wink, nudge nudge. They were just given the warning that I WILL be back by 10:30 p.m. seeing as how I must be at work by 7 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I've got my night planned our already. Short trip to the Macaraoni Grill for dinner and to see J while he's working then on the way back a short catch up with Mr. M at Starbucks after he finishes teaching around 9ish. I wish we could have more time together but I'll take what I can get right now. Especially with the prospect of starting a second job in the next couple of weeks. Once that begins, our chances to see each other will become even more limited.

Sigh, if ever I needed motivation to get my own place, this is about it folks.

2 comments:

Denise said...

She does sound like a lovely living companion - how lucky you are! Seriously, my best friend had to have a conversation once with her roommate about the fact that, if her boyfriend was going to be there every night, the rent should be split three ways instead of two. They broke up (the roommates) because of it but at least she didn't have to worry about wearing enough clothes when heading to the bathroom in the morning!

Anonymous said...

When I read about Stupid Girlfriend (I love the capital letters), I wonder two things. Does Stupid Girlfriend know you think she is stupid, and does her boyfriend, Roomate #2, know that you think she is stupid? I can only imagine how Stupid, Stupid Girlfriend is. Having friends with stupid partners is always hard. And I think, according to my friends, that I once had a Stupid Girlfriend. Unfortunately no one told me until after I realized she was stupid. There should be a campiagn to rid the world of Stupid Girlfriends. They are just to stupid to deal with.