Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Something must be wrong with the transporter

Lately, for some reason, I've been very sporadic with the blogging.

Oh, I could blame it on the fact that now on top of the full-time I've got a part-time sucking my will to live. Or maybe it's the nice weather that makes me want to not be inside one iota. On second thought, maybe I'm just feeling plain lazy lately.

Or I could just have nothing to say.

Hard to believe, but it happens.

I've been reading some of my posts from the last couple of months. Basically the same story from the last couple of years. Whining about men, jobs or lack of a life plan. Take your pick. I usually touch on at least one of the subjects during one of my incredibley long rambling posts.

The urge to get away has been hitting me lately too. As some of you (especially those of you who know me outside of the blog) may or may not know, during the summer I'm inclined to wake up in the morning on some random Saturday and decide it's a good idea to get in my car to make a four hour drive to the beach. Then return home that night.

If I didn't have to get up tomorrow for work, I'm pretty sure I'd be doing something similar. But only on a Wednesday. And maybe not to the beach. Lately I've been on a "want to go camping kick". The need to get away is usually rooted in a need to avoid...something. There has been a lot of outside stress, mostly money related, some family related and a good bit lack of relationship related. When I'm in the car with the windows down I can let my problems go right along with my bad renditions of U2 or Duran Duran (hey, I'm a child of the 80s).

Sometimes all I need is one little change to get me back on track. I'm hoping my new hair color (just finished a few minutes ago) will do some of that. Tonight is all about a quiet evening at home. I had assumed both of the room mates would be gone, but they're not. So I'll just bury my nose in a new book and half pay attention to what's going on around me.

It may be another form of escape, but we all need that every now and then, no?

3 comments:

Denise said...

Post a pic of the new hair color!!!

Unknown said...

Lol, I'm working on it...should have some St. Patty's day/welcome home celebration for my sister pics.

The Dummy said...

Every once in a while, I think we all hit some kind of blog fatigue. Get some rest, do something fun for yourself, and it'll start coming out again, sooner or later. Good thing you got that book!