Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bits and pieces

Lots of things rattling around in my brain right now so to spare you (all three of you that still read this thing) from trying to understand my disjointed thoughts today I've done something I tend to not enjoy in the blog world. I made a list of goings on and random thoughts:

- The rash is slowly clearing up. Now it just looks like I have a really bad sunburn, which to anyone who knows me personally would not be surprised to see as I am the whitest of all white girls and tend to burn within .05 seconds of going outside during the Summer season. Hottie ER Doc told me to call my regular doctor today if it hadn't cleared up but since it seems to be dissapating I'm not going to. There are better things my money can go toward, like a new pair of sandals.

- The part time finally got the hint that I was working too many hours and has now cut back substantially on my working time. I'm loving the three nights off a week and finally feel like I'm starting to get caught up on things around the house. Like the mountain of dishes in the sink and the pile of laundry in my closet that has gained a life of it's own.

- My holiday yesterday was very lazy and restful. Didn't roll out of bed until 11:30 a.m. Managed to get some laundry done. And most importantly, started my edition of Breakup Babe: The Novel which arrived on my doorstep last week (thank you BB!). The sign of a good book for me is whether or not I can put it down. It took me all the control in the world to stop where I was last night at bedtime. Go forth and buy this book!

- Friend J, Former Room mate and I went to see X Men 3: Final Stand Sunday night. It wasn't bad and considering the price of movies now ($8 freaking 25!) I would reccomend it. Still, I say X Men 2 was better. Personally I'm more excited for the release of The Devil Wears Prada. I read the book about a year or two ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully the movie will do the book justice.

- I'll leave you with this. A new guy has entered the picture. The how's, where's and what's will have to wait until after we've at least had our first date but things look promising. As long as I don't go and ruin it like I've done so many times before. Keep your fingers crossed.

Now back to the grind, or at least pretending to go back to the grind so my boss doesn't put some inane and pointless project on my desk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my fingers are crossed.

so are my toes.

i'd cross my eyes if it wouldnt make me fall over in a dead faint.

Unknown said...

Well heven knows we wouldn't want that Mr. H! Thanks for the well wishes.