Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring has sprung and new things are popping up all over the place

A few posts ago, I alluded to big changes occurring sometime soon. Well, I guess I can spill the beans since both changes are official now.

The first, and in my mind most important is that I am leaving the restaurant industry! A few weeks ago at the beginning of March I went to a job fair for game-day employees being held by our new local semi-pro baseball team. It was more of a cattle call situation in that we were all sent into a gymnasium where the team had set up about 12-15 tables. When it was your turn, you went to a table, sat down and had a short 5-10 minute interview with whatever poor soul happened to be there (front office people ranging from media relations to one of the secretaries). We were told we'd hear from them in about 2-4 weeks. The guy I interviewed with pretty much hired me on the spot...but I still had to wait and as many of you know, I am not exactly the most patient person. My call came Thursday. I am now a "fan concierge" (their term) for the first season, which basically boils down to guest services or customer service. Yeah, yeah, customer service sucks but it's free baseball games and hot baseball players all.summer.long. What more could a girl want?

The other news is that I am now an official Notary Public of the Commonwealth of Pennsyltucky. Not nearly as exciting as the baseball thing, but good for both my resume and job prospects. That and I get a cool stamp to play with.

Baseball season started yesterday. So much for hope springing eternal on opening day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Now if someone at the ballpark needs to get their powers of attorney updated, you can provide on-the-spot service!

Now get out there and have some fun.

Unknown said...

Lol, I never thought of it that way! Too funny.