Saturday, July 28, 2007

Night time is the right time

My weekend was originally very packed. Last night I worked at the part-time (the boys ended their most recent win streak by losing to their arch rivals across the river) followed by a short appearance at Meat Fest with my friends from sports. By the time I got home, it was after 1 a.m., I sent off a quick email then went to bed.

Only problem? I had to be at my grandmother's to help with her yard sale by 7:30 a.m.

Yeah, I don't quite rebound from lack of sleep like I used to.

Today was a long hot day at my grandmother's. This was the second day of the sale, so she didn't have too much to get rid of but still, people started showing up as things were being put out and didn't stop until we started closing up shop around 2ish. The best part was getting in quality time with my niece, who is growing so quickly I can't even believe she's 6 months old already. We played and napped (unintentionally on Auntie Agategoddess' part...it just felt soooo good to close my eyes too while we were in the rocking chair...then the dream I was having, well, I didn't want to wake up until it was over) while my sister, mother and grandmother sold off what they could.

Originally I was supposed to go along with TBD to a drum corps show about two hours west of here, not too far away from where I went to college. I had been looking forward to it but due to lack of sleep and the need to have a shower I was becoming less enthusiastic as the day wore on. TBD text messaged me later "Too hot for the show, they cancelled it". As much as I hate to admit it, I was relieved. After a short nap (what, like it's unusual to take three naps in one day?) I talked to J about going to see The Simpsons Movie. He was busy helping his dad with something at his new house but would call me later.

By the time J called me back, I was showered, refreshed...and firmly entrenched in my pajama's on the couch with my new book. He wasn't really into going to the movie anyway so we just decided to call it a night and get together some other night this week.

And that my friends, is about the end of my excitement today. To be honest, I am enjoying this night of not really doing anything. There are some nights, after a long week of a lot of running back and forth when all I want is a glass of wine and a good book. This night was just what the doctor ordered...peace and quiet.

Come to think of it, I think my wine glass is a little empty...

No comments: