Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's most definitely a tiara day

I've spoken about the important power of the tiara before. About how in college we would share the tiara of one of my room mate's when we were having a bad day. If things just weren't going right, if it was one of those days, just by putting the tiara on top of our heads we felt so much better.

Eventually we all had our own and mine has gotten some use over the years.

Today was one of those days.

The stress and just...rediculousness....of the whole indoor guard thing at School #2 has finally spiralled our of control. Parents are wanting to meet with the administration and there's a lot of he said/she said/they said going on. After I spoke to TBD for the third time today I was reaching for the Advil. To add to that, my boss put in as the lead on the redesign that is going into place at the end of the month. In a nutshell we're reducing the column size of our newspapers (to save ink and paper, of course...it's all about the almihty dollar after all) which requires us to change templates, fix ad sizes, blah, blah, blah. What it boils down to is more work. For all of us.

Lastly, I took my car in for a much needed oil change and found out in less than six months I'm going to need to do some major repairs. Sigh. I just don't have the money for that. I did what I could today (some bracket or the other that holds the exhaust system to my car had rusted through and was falling off...which explains the horrible banging noise that was coming from my car) but spent way more money than I was planning to.

Now I'm sitting on my couch, in my pajama's, wearing my tiara with a nice glass of red wine...and feeling much better for it.

No comments: