Friday, June 06, 2008

You say vacation, I say extended holiday

For the last few months, I've been preoccupied.

You may (or may not) have noticed the decline in posts. The slow stream of words coming from my keyboard becoming a slow trickle. A lion's share of the blame belongs on work. I sit and stare at a computer for 7-1/2 hours a day, not exactly making it enticing to come home and do the same thing.

Of course, there are other distractions too. Namely in the form of my wonderful boyfriend. We usually spend as much time as possible throughout our week, only previous commitments keeping us from seeing each other. And it's not that we go out and do anything super duper spectacular, ohmygoshthatssocool, type activities. In most cases we sit on the couch, watch Jeopardy, maybe pop in a movie and just enjoy each other's company. We're both trying to save money for various reasons. Being with Will has made my life so much more complete. He really is the missing piece. Oh, don't get me wrong, being the cynic I am I do realize that nothing is ever easy. There will be tough times, one of which is bearing down on us now. He leaves for camp (he works at a boy scout camp over the summer) next Saturday, which means we'll only be together maybe twice a week if we're lucky. It's bound to put a little bit of strain on our relationship but deep down, I know we'll get through it. And be all the stronger for it. To quote the movie Juno, he's the cheese to my macaroni. Or maybe it's the other way around...

Beyond the boyfriend I'm also busy at the stadium. Band season starts in August but for us instructors, it's even earlier. And sandwiched in between everything else are trips to Camden Yards, a Dave Matthews Band show at the end of this month and various get togethers with new and old friends.

My calendar is definitely filling up.

So I've made the decision to take a break from the blog. I may be by every now and then to post if something interesting happens, but basically both my blog and I are going on an extended holiday. I'll be spending more time on myself and my blog, I'd like to imagine will be taking off on a three month tour of all of the major league baseball stadiums.

No comments: