Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tonight has been one of those wonderful, quiet, do nothing nights that I miss so much during band season. No practice (cancelled to give both the kids and myself a break). No meetings. No kids with excuses or meddling parents.

Now it's just me, my p.j.'s, a new episode of The Office and the couch.

We're three weeks away from the end and it's not going to come soon enough. This year, I'm not sure why I'm just so ready for it to be over. I know a big protion of my stress this season was self inflicted. This year I just wanted to do so well with writing of the show and making sure the work was good enough to help us score high. I also had high expectations for the kids and their ability to handle whatever I gave them. There were a few nights where I was just so frustrated, and aggrivated that I laid in bed with Will and let it all out, crying and venting. On those nights he just let me do what I needed to get it out, holding me until the tears stopped and talking me back to reality and calmness.

What I'd do without him I have no idea.

Will and I are almost at the seven month mark now...seven months of spending as much time as possible together, surviving his being gone over the summer for camp, meeting of the families, road trips and inside jokes. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so happy right now in that part of my life that everything else pales in comparison. He's the peanut butter to my jelly. The macaroni to my cheese. The cool to my whip.

All I know is that more than ever I see my future with him. The next year isn't going to be easy by any means, what with him being two hours away in Newark and all but we can get through it. We constantly talk about next year at this time when we plan on living together and I'm actually letting myself believe that it will happen that way. I can't imagine my life any other way.

No comments: