Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble gee



It just occurred to me today that I have not heard Adam Sandler's "Thanksgiving song". Weird. Of course, considering some of the radio stations around here started playing Christmas music on November 13 (seriously? Is that at all necessary?!), I shouldn't be amazed by that at all.

After work today I'm off like a prom dress to meet up with Will in Newark then on to his grandparent's place in Maryland for our first family holiday. I'm not going to lie, even though I've visited his grandparents place twice now and been around his family even more, I am a little nervous. They are a wonderful bunch of people but you know, each family has their own way of doing things. Last night I told Will that if I'm a little quieter than normal Thursday it's because I'm just getting a feel for how things happen with his family and the holidays. His reply was laughter followed by the disbelief that I could ever be quiet. Feel the love folks, feel the love.

But anyway, I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving full of turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and good times with family and friends.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Preach on sister about the Christmas music. Every time I drive pass WARM 103 on 30 en route to Lancaster, I want to veer my car off the highway and straight into their back door! After Thanksgiving, I understand, but not days after Election Day!