Saturday, February 25, 2012

Taming the beast

Right now I'm sitting on my couch, "Mummy Returns" is on TNT (I NEVER get tired of those movies) and I'm trying to muster up the energy to deal with my own monster. It's been gaining a life of it's own over the last few months. Mostly from neglect. Partly from lack of time. And even more so because I just didn't want to deal with it.

This, is the monster:


Our desk. I'm ashamed to put this out there for public consumption. Luckily the layer of dust isn't visible. My mother would be so ashamed.

The other day I came home from work and said "That's it! This thing is getting organized!" I'm pretty sure you could hear my husband's eyes roll from across the room. I had been saying the same thing for weeks but now, well, now it was too much. The piles of stuff were taking over and I just wasn't going to take it anymore. Yesterday, I came home to this beauty:


One of the best perks of Will working part time at Bed Bath & Beyond is that when new cool things come in that we need or I have been blathering on about for a long time, he tells me or just gets it on his own. He had shown me this cute little shelf unit a few weeks ago and I guess my constant talking about us getting one, combined with our tax refund (woo hoo, money back!) hitting the bank account, prompted him to go pick it up and put it together as a surprise.

I love surprises.

Today I hit up Staples for some folders and an organizer plus some bins to go in the shelves. By the time Will comes home tonight I plan on having the desk cleaned off and organized. Every piece of paper in it's proper place and any random item put in to a bin.

That is of course, if I can get myself off the couch.

No comments: