Thursday, March 14, 2002

Just noticed that Tuesday was the 90th Birthday of the Girl Scouts. Why is this important, you ask? I was a Girl Scout. Stop your laughing, I was and I went the whole way through from Brownies up to Adult. It was a great opportunity that I am glad I had the chance to participate in. I did many things in the Girl Scouts that I do not think I would have ever had the chance to do otherwise. Camping trips, week long excursions to New York, bike hiking around the Gettysburg Battlefield. Ahhh, good times, good times. On top of that, I believe that being in the organization made me the strong person I am today. If you have not noticed, I tend to be very independent. Granted the old self esteem has not always been very high, but since college I know I feel better about myself. Part of that is the ground work that was put down when I was in Girl Scouts. So, support your local Girl Scouts! Buy the cookies, nuts, calendars, etc. It all goes to a good cause.

Last night I did something I have not had the chance to do in a long, long, long time. Nothing. Absolutely, positively, 100% nothing. God did it feel good. I had intended on going home and running. Yeah, that lasted a whole .5 seconds after I sat down. It just felt soooo good to not have to be at work or in some meeting. Heck, since one of my shows was not on I even pulled out the crayons and colored. Silly, I know but it is a stress reliever left over from college that I still hang on to. I was tempted to work on some other things I had started (a short story) but I was unmotivated. The motivation to work on the story I started hits me on and off like a bad case of PMS. Some days I am happy as a lark, able to write to the end of the earth, others I could not find a word to put on paper if you handed me a dictionary.

NCAA Tournament starts today. Let the games begin. Only have one thing to say...GO DUKE!

Adios mis amigos y amigas.

No comments: