Thursday, April 04, 2002

Who knew it could happen? Definitely not this Duke fan. Maryland, with an NCAA Championship?! Watching that game and picking someone to cheer for was like trying to pick the lesser of two evils. On one hand, the Terps. Just can't bring myself to cheer them on. On the other, Indiana. The team that knocked my beloved Blue Devils out of the tournament. So now they're celebrating in College Park and Coach K is plotting his revenge for next year. Let the games begin.

Managed to get to Camden Yards on Monday for the O's opening day. There is nothing like a baseball stadium on opening day. It is almost like getting your first new car. The smell of the hot dogs, the taste of the beer, the excitement of a new season all combined to bring a memorable day.

I have decided to put myself on a budget. Somehow my finances are not in very good shape right now (then again, whose are?). After balancing my checkbook over the weekend and realizing my sum worth as of Sunday was $2.46 (that includes what was in my wallet), I made the decision to try and get things under control again. Part of my problem is I am the worst kind of impulse shopper. Best example is the string of lights now hanging in my room. I did not need to buy it, I did on a whim. So for now the credit card is out of the wallet and I am only spending on necessities (groceries, bills, etc.). God I hate being in the real world. Can't I go back to college and be happily oblivious to all of this stuff.

O.k., better go start doing some work. Fun.

'later.

No comments: