Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Countdown to departure, 16 days. Only 16 more days between myself and the sweet taste of freedom. Ahhh...let me enjoy that thought for a moment...so nice to day dream about the moment I walk out of here. Brings a sadistic little smile to my face.

Last night at job #2 I got chewed out by my sports editor. Apparently I made a few boo-boo's when I laid out the page last week. Now, I do understand the need for accuracy when putting together a newspaper. Proof reading is important in all aspects from writing to taking agate to putting together a page, however, I had no idea one of my co-workers was such a snitchy little sellout! My editor got on my case because I sent the page before it was fully proofed but in my defense we were dangerously close to missing deadline ( I had like 4 minutes to push the button or else) and I know how much trouble we get in for missing deadline. I could have sold out said co-worker as well by telling my editor that he didn't get me the high school package until 5 minutes before I went to the paginators but I didn't. Why, because I'm not a snitchy little kiss ass. The whole episode put me in a bad mood for the rest of the night. I didn't bother doing the page either, I had said co-worker do it. He's so freaking perfect all the time, let him handle it.

We'll just chalk last night up as my thin skinned and reactive moment for the week and let it go at that. I'll work out the tension at the gym after work. Tonight is a session on the eliptical and some lower body strength training. Hopefully I'll be able to come home and get some bills done while I watch Ed and The West Wing. It's been so long since I've seen either show, I hope Room mate Marti is out of the apartment tonight so I can watch them in peace. Nah, my luck isn't that good.



No comments: