Friday, January 09, 2004

I had a pretty good laugh this morning at the expense of one of my customers. Let me preface this by saying I am in no way belittling residents of the great state of North Carolina to be mean, this story just proves how perspective effects your view on certain things. That being said, I have a customer in Catawba, NC. My contact in the buying office there called me around 11 a.m. to get some information on a shipment we sent out after I gave him the information we had the following conversation:

Him: "O.k. then, when you find out about the other shipment let me know. We're actually closing down early today because of the snow. It's snowing pretty hard right now."

Agategoddess: "Really? How much are you supposed to get?" - sidebar - I had visions of the kind of snows we get in PA, maybe 6-8".

Him: "Well, they're calling for at least 1/4" of snow so we're all leaving early."

Agategoddess: (Laughing hysterically) "1/4" of snow?! Is that it? No offense but that isn't even enough to get schools delayed around here."

Him: (rather defensively) "Yes well, we don't mess with snow down here. You people up there take your lives into your own hands. It's way too dangerous to be on the road."

Agategoddess: (still chuckling) "O.k., well, drive home safely."

I hung up the phoned and nearly peed my pants I was laughing so hard. Of course, I had to share that with everyone else here in the office. To people that drive through 6" of snow to get to work more than once a winter, leaving early for 1/4" of snow is absurd! Lol, heck, I think I had 1/4" on the windshield of my car this morning. Too funny.

Just remember I have nothing but love for North Carolina (I do have relatives in Durham after all) that was too funny not to share.

No comments: