Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Let's see, let's see, what's going on...forgive me if my thoughts are little disjointed and random. As mentioned earlier my week has been a little, o.k., a lot hectic. Things are starting to wind down at job #1. My replacement, Norma, came in for her first day yesterday. She's worked in the customer service game before so she's already one up on where I was when I started there. The best part is she seems like a pretty smart cookie so I don't think there will be too many problems when the official handing over of the desk occurs. God love her for wanting that crappy job, but hey, if it makes her happy then all the power to her.

Just knowing I've got a BIG change in my life coming up has me all giddy. I've been so happy lately people started asking me if I was on medication. Today I did nothing but walk around with a smile on my face. Funny. A few weeks ago I was freaking out like crazy over it. Now, after many conversations with many friends and co-workers, I know I made the right decision. My mental health is worth the risk this change is going to be. Really, the only thing I'm losing is some major stress. Like I said before, I'm so excited I can't wait to walk out that door next Friday.

The workouts are going well. I'm onto week #2 of C25K. Today was workout #1 (running 90 seconds, walking 2 minutes for 20 minutes). Toward the end I started to get a stitch in my side but I ran through it and it eventually worked its way out. If the rest of the week's workouts (3 per week) go as well as today's did I should be ready to move on to week #3 with very little difficulty. I've noticed my increase in running is helping on the ice. Last night at practice I was able to keep up for longer periods of time during some of the drills and my shift length got a little longer. Hopefully this will translate into something good in our game Saturday. Lol, we're the Bad News Bears of the UWHL.

Tomorrow night I'm going to apply for a part-time job at Red Lobster. I would prefer to be a hostess (no serving duties) but if I have to serve then so be it. The main idea is to fill in the missing dinero from the loss of the hateful job #1. Only part that makes me aprehensive is I'll be working with Bob on a regular basis. Hm. I guess if I eventually move in with him that could put us around each other ALL the time. I've never been around him that much. Sure, we've vacationed together and have been stuck in a car for 14 hours (Toronto) together but living and working together is a whole new ballgame. We'll see what happens.

Due to my slackerly ways this week with the blog, here's a quiz to keep you busy until I get the chance to post again. I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow (Friday Five!) but just in case...

grease!
Grease! stuck in the halls of rydell high now are
we mister man?


What Broadway Show Should you be in?!
brought to you by Quizilla

I love this musical, just call me Rizzo.

No comments: