Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Two events made me cry today. One I will share with you here, the other is more personal and something I'm going to keep to myself. Just know it was not something I wanted to happen but it did. And now I may have lost a good friend because of it. But I'm over the crying part. No sense in wasting tears over something you can't change. Sigh. Some days I hate being so girly.

The incident I will talk about is something that happened at the full-time job. I'm down to three days left until I walk out the door. So far I've been pretty happy about the whole thing. Nope, no tears shed when I leave that place! Yeah, well, that was until today. One of my sales contacts sent me a card. There wasn't anything super spectacular about the card but the note she wrote in it just sent me over the edge. It was something to the effect I'll miss working with you, best of luck in your new adventure. See, nothing sappy but I just started bawling. Like a big baby who had her binky taken away. I'm talking sobbing, tears flowing, outright crying. Right there at my desk. I felt like an idiot. I had been under the impression that I could walk away and not care one whit about the people I was leaving behind. I was wrong. I have been privileged to work with some of the most wonderful people in the world and today just drove home the fact that after Friday I probably won't see or talk to most of then again ever.

Real upbeat post, huh?

I only minimally kept an eye on Iowa and the caucus' last night. My friend Anne participated. The last time she was back here she told me she wanted to register there in Iowa just so she could say she participated in the caucus'. Lol, yeah, those are my friends. Sounds like it was interesting. If she allows me to I'll post her email here describing her experience.

This weekend promises to be one of great merriment. Happy hour after work at the full-time job Friday then a trip to the Hardware bar. If I pace myself I should do fine. When I get into trouble (usually in more ways than one) is when I don't and try to put down more alcohol than my liver can handle. We'll see what happens. Either way it promises to be one hell of an evening. Anyone in the area should stop on by. Email me (gwen75@hotmail.com) if you're in the area and want to join in the fun.

No comments: