Wednesday, January 21, 2004

All I needed was one day to vent. Getting things out of my system instead of bottling them up was another goal of mine for this year. I used to eat my emotions away. A pint of Ben & Jerry's or a box of oyster crackers (carb addict much?) later the bad emotions might be covered over but they were still there along with about 5 bazillion calories. I've learned my lesson on the whole eating to cover up the emotion issue. Now it's just a matter of dealing with the emotions themselves and putting them away properly that I need to work on.

Baby steps.

Only two more days until freedom. Today I made plans with Bob to catch a matinee showing of Lord of The Rings: Return of the King next week. I am totally loving the fact that I will be able to do things during the day like a normal person. Oh sure, I'm still looking for another part time job. If the one I applied for doesn't pan out I've got a few other options. Heck, there's always Wal-Mart again...um, maybe not.

For now I'm just going to take things as they come. Try not to jump off the deep end when things don't go the way I want them to and let life pan out however it's supposed to. Sometimes the way things go is not the way I want them to, but that's o.k. it just means that something better maybe right around the corner. I just need to be patient and see what happens.

Listen to me being all Obi Won Kanobie.

No comments: