Sunday, February 08, 2004

I am so sore today I can hardly move. Two hockey games in one weekend. Ugh. Even worse, my knee popped twice during yesterday's game. Last night after I ran around getting everyone's dinner for them at Red Lobster (don't ask), I went home, iced my knee, popped a few Advil and was in bed by 11. I lead such an exciting life. We lost both games too. Sigh. Just one, I would love to see us finish this season with at least one win. We have about 5 or 6 more games left on the season to do it in. Here's to hoping I guess.

The house is progressing. We started the trim in the living room/dining room/stairwell Friday and I must say it's looking very good against the wall color (Macaroon Cream, it's a light white/tan color). We also went out and finally picked out a couch at Guildcraft. Bob was interested in a pattern for it that made me question his sanity. It had reds, browns, oranges and yellows in it. Normally I wouldn't mind it, but the pattern was so 70's it was just horrible. Instead I persuaded him to pick a navy color with small red & yellow dots throughout. It looks very nice. But not too nice. Classic. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. This week we'll hopefully get the downstairs finished and Bob's bedroom started. He was going to paint today before he went to work so it may happen. As long as I can move in within the next three weeks.

One more reason to love the Beatles. I grew up listening to their music and reamin a fan to this day. For Christmas one year I bought my father the first set in the Beatles Anthology series, and promptly swiped it for my own use. I listen to disc two to go to sleep at night. Their music is classic, timeless even. Forty years ago this weekend the British Invasion began with the Beatles' performance on the Ed Sullivan show. How much more lasting can one group be I ask ya?

No comments: