Monday, February 16, 2004

Just in case you were wondering, yes, there is a website for writers like myself. Obitpage.com is geared to us rarebirds in the J-biz, the obituarist. Lol, I know, I know sounds very morbid but it's a craft. It really isn't as easy as it looks. Sometimes I get myself into trouble because I can be a little too sensitive to other people's feelings. I don't tend to push very hard if someone doesn't want me to do a story. If you wanted to put a name to it I guess you could say I'm a little too sympathetic for my own good. The Brit's have mastered the art of the obit story. Check out the London Daily Telegraph and some of the stories they've done. Cheeky, very cheeky.

The bruise has evolved into a softball size bump on my arm and turned a wonderful shade of purple. To make matters worse, I got some bad bruises on the inside of my thighs trying to get over the boards at the rink Saturday. Looks like I had a lot wilder time this weekend than I really did. Lol. If only that were the case.

Thank the good Lord I get paid tomorrow. I've got quite a few people I need to pay back, not the least of which is my own mother from the $10 she loaned me today for gas. Sigh. I really do miss getting a weekly paycheck. When I get started at the Lobster I'll get one every Friday but until then it's living on a shoestring between my checks from the paper.

Speaking of, you know how I was supposed to get started at the Lobster today? I hauled my cookies out of bed at 6:45 this morning just so I could make sure I was ready early and not rushing around. I should have known the day was not going to go well when I went to use my hair dryer and it died on me. Piece of crap. After much swearing and digging through my drawer for barrets I managed to make myself look presentable. Still on time at this point. With some time to spare I sat on the couch with my Nutri-grain bar, watched some CNN and wasted a little time. Next thing I knew it was time for me to go. I got to the Lobster with 15 minutes to spare (pretty darn good if you ask me), walked in, saw not a manager in site and decided to sit in the vestabule to wait for my trainer to show up. Next thing I know the manager that hired me is coming from the back toward me with a perplexed look on his face. Turns out they changed my training week to next week. No one bothered to call and tell me. Sigh. So now I have to wait another week to get some extra cash and I was up and moving before my standard wake up time of 9 a.m. As I was going home I noticed I needed some gas. At the Sheetz near my apartment I stopped for a quick fill up, went to use my card, was denied because $7.83 isn't going to get you much. My light came on as I was driving back home. I had to swallow my pride and call my mother to borrow $10 so I could make it to work and home tonight. I freaking felt like I was in college again. So now I have gas, I'm tired and I'm seriously in debt until I get paid tomorrow.

What the hell was I thinking when I quit my full time job?! Oh yeah, I was thinking I needed to save my sanity before I ended up in the looney bin.

No comments: