Thursday, February 26, 2004

Sorry for the lack of posting this week. With the training this week and trying to get the house finished in time for the move I've been super busy. Last night I was so exhausted I went back to the apartment after painting and collapsed. I haven't had that much sleep since college. Today was better but I'm still tired from my day at the Lobster. With any luck things will settle down with the end of training and the start of me having a more regular schedule. We'll see. On the upside from running back and forth so much over the past two days I think I may have dropped a pound or two...bonus!

Got some interesting news from my mom tonight. For the last month or two my dad has been saying he's going to get his stuff moved back home for good. As of today he still hadn't gotten anything moved back home and didn't look to me like he was in any hurry to. But I digress. This weekend they are going away together for a night and then moving his stuff back. Again. I can't tell you how many times over the last 4 years (yes this horrible little episode has been dragging on for 4 freaking years now) they've been down this road. *BIG SIGH* If it goes as it has in the past, I'll get a crying sobbing phone call from my mother tomorrow night because my dad backed out at the last minute with some lame excuse.

On a brighter note, one more week to the official move. I can't wait! New house, new job...new everything. I'm finally starting to feel like I'm moving along again. Like my life is finally starting to get out of second and move into third gear. It's about damn time too. Heck, I've even started looking for jobs again. I'd like to stay around here but I just don't think it's possible. So I'm checking out openings all over the place. Since I have not strings attached (unless you count my crazy family) to hold me here, I'd love to move someplace new. Meet new people. Have new surroundings. Maybe move to a new time zone so my mother would have to stop and think about it before she called me. Something like that.

Finally, you know your team is desperate when they resort to things like this. The birds want to win this year but jeez, you don't see anyone doing anything that extreme at Camden Yards. Then again, maybe it would be a good idea...



No comments: