Monday, February 23, 2004

This has been one of those days that starts out well but then proceeds to go down the crapper with each passing moment. I actually dragged my butt out of bed before my alarm went off at 7 a.m. Why up so early you may ask? Today was my first day of training at Red Lobster. It almost got postponed too. I showed up well before my scheduled arrival time of 8:30 and waited, and waited and waited some more to be let in to the restaurant. After waiting about 20 minutes one of the managers finally came out and told me he had no idea I was supposed to be training today. From what I understand they were going to push me back another week but no one bothered to call me and let me know. Good thing they didn't get in touch with me either. I need the money. Lots of bills to pay before I move out of the apartment. Something was finally worked out, I went home for two hours and started my training anyway. I'll train the rest of this week and I believe into part of next week then I'll be thrown to the wolves. Oh boy.

I also got a reaction to my obit story. Not a good one either. Several people took exception to the lede of my story. I'm trying not to let it get to me. It's hard though, I get upset when people are upset with me. After I made phone calls back from some of the complainants I went to the bathroom to cry a little (damn PMS). Pathetic I know but I had to do it. So now I just learn what I can from the whole thing and move on. You live, you learn or so they say.

Every year I get a subscription to Sports Illustrated and every year I read each issue cover to cover, with the exception of one. The swimsuit issue. No way no how do I even bother to crack the freaking thing open. I take that back, there was a great piece by Jimmy Buffet in this years I read but that was it. I have enough body issues without seeing something like that. Until they actually do a section with just sports guys (not with wives or girlfriends either) lounging on a beach somewhere sans shirt then that issue will continue to be given away. All I'm asking for is a little equal time for the female readers, maybe a little repeat of the Nomar cover, is that too much to ask?


No comments: