Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Sorry for the lack of posting. The past couple of days have been very busy and very weird leaving me little time on the PC. Of course, not having regular access to a PC doesn't help either.

The most shocking and strange thing that happened was my sister got married last Friday. Yep. The little brat up and did it. Her fiance, sorry husband (still not used to saying that), and her went in to our county courthouse, got a JP (Justice of the Peace) and got themselves hitched. I didn't find out about it until 8 that night. I was not happy for two reasons. First, being her only sibling she should have at least called me and let me know she was doing it. Regardless of how much I would have freaked out on her I still would have liked to have been there for her. Second, I was upset over the fact that she's 20 and I'm 28. Hellooo, shouldn't I have been the one to get married first? Seeing as how I can't keep a relationship going longer than six months, I guess the answer to that is a BIG FAT NO! For now little sis will be living with my parents until her man gets back from his deployment to Iraq. He's only supposed to be gone for six months. Whether that holds true or not is another story.

The next day we had a going away party for one of the guys at the paper. The good times included kamakazi shots (three I think), lots of beer and cake as well as me dancing on the bar to Bon Jovi. Good times. Good times.

Sunday was a day of hockey. O.k., a day of hockey and me driving from where I live to Philadelphia in a grand total of 1 hour and 15 minutes. I rock. I'm also lucky I wasn't pulled over for speeding. The problem stemmed from me being forgetful. I left my apartment without either of my jersey's or hockey socks but didn't realize it until I got to my home rink to meet the other girls, 30 minutes away. Luckily I was there early so I busted a move on back home, got what I needed (including my driver's license and money...don't ask) and hauled ass to the PA Turnpike. How I got my little Saturn to move so fast is beyond me. My poor car. Needless to say we lost, surprise surprise. I however managed to get off at least two shots on goal so I was happy with my performance.

Found out I will be moving in the next month. Room Mate Marti just found out today she got the house she put a contract in on. Sooo, since I'm not moving with her I'm moving in with Bob. Good thing too. I've been helping him paint the house all week so far. My jeans are proof. I'm excited to have a change of scenery. Since our schedules are so different I doubt we'll be home much at the same time. Who knows. Of course, since we'll be working together at Red Lobster, that will make things interesting too. I don't know. I see it as a whole new adventure. Only problem I'm having is with certain members of my family that seem to think that since Bob and I are moving in together we are now a "couple". Um no. Room Mates. That's it.

So now my days revolve around getting obit stories done and painting. And scraping. And decorating. And picking out furniture. We're going furniture shopping tomorrow. I get some say since I'll be living there too but Bob get's final say over all house decisions. I'm trying to talk him into a couch, love seat and recliner combo for the living room I saw at a local furniture store.

We'll see tomorrow just how good my powers of persuasion are.

No comments: