Sunday, March 28, 2004

I've started getting in touch with my inner girly girl. Embracing my pink side, if you will. Yesterday I got cut from work at the Lobster a little earlier than expected (we weren't that busy) so I went home, did some laundry, took a nap and generally got bored out of my mind. By 6:30 p.m. I was going nuts. Oh sure, there were plenty of things I could have been doing at the house like putting up pictures in my room or finally getting my curtains hung, but I didn't feel like doing that. So I went to Borders. I meandered around the new releases, toyed with the idea of buying a runner's journal and finally settled on a fluffy chick-lit book with the title "Lost and Found". Cheesey way to spend a Saturday night but it got me out of the house. While I was perusing the gift aisle I came across a nice little pink planner that fits wonderfully into my purse. So I bought it. Sure, my finances aren't exactly good right now but it was worth the dinero. It was just too cute for me to pass up. Besides, don't I deserve to do something for myself every now and then?

The new book and trip to Borders did light a fire under my butt about writing more in my journal though. Sadly, with two blogs it often gets neglected. I've decided though that my real journal, the one I should be writing in is the one people will still have when I'm not here anymore. While I don't relish the prospect of leaving this earthly plane anytime soon, it would be nice to leave behind some proof that I existed. Something that says I was here, no matter how long that may be.

With the exception of my trip to Borders yesterday I had a very uneventful weekend. Friday night I just vegged out in front of the TV after an exceptionally tough shift (stuck in the smoking section) at the Lobster. I spent the evening drinking Michael O'Shea's Irish Amber and flipping between Four Weddings and a Funeral and the NCAA Tournament on CBS. Good times, good times.

I'm sitting here waiting for phone calls back for some of my obit stories. Today could very well be a boring work day. Unless something exciting happens in the city and I am needed for that. Otherwise I'll probably just spend the rest of my time bouncing around the internet and reading the Sunday edition of our newspaper. Woo-hoo.


No comments: