Wednesday, March 31, 2004

So I did manage to get a story done Sunday. For what it's worth, here it is. You know it's a slow news day around here when I've got a 1A story about a local creek clean up. Lol. Front page is front page though, guess I should count my lucky stars either way.

Had two bits of good news today. First former Room Mate Marti called me this morning to let me know we finally got our security deposits from the old apartment complex. That brings in some much needed dinero to my bank account. Now I can actually pay off some bills before the next round comes out. Yee-ha. Secondly, and most important, I found out my friend Brent is coming home from Kenya in June! I am so excited I can't wait to see him. He's been gone on this trip for over a year and a half. This time when he comes home though he'll be staying in the U.S. for at least a year or two while he works on his PH.d. at the Univ. of Michigan. Can you say road trip?! I can't wait for him to come and hang out for a week or two. He also wants to go on a trip to the beach (meaning Ocean City, Md.) for a few days. Because of my finances I'll only be able to afford a weekend but I'll go anyway. We always have a good time on beach trips.

My basket bingo addiction is back. Monday night I went to a bingo with some of my mom's friends and even though we didn't win anything, it reminded how much fun it is! Basically the only reason I go is to catch up with the people I go with and just hang out, have a girls' night out. O.k., o.k., it also appeals to my competative side too. But who's keeping track?

It's true. Smithwick's is spreading here in the U.S. A friend of mine just confirmed he had a pint (or maybe 4?) at a place in Baltimore over the weekend. If you can get this stuff, do it! Drink it and enjoy it. It is the best beer I have ever had. Even better than Yuengling Lager. And that's saying a lot.

No comments: