Wednesday, March 03, 2004

O.k., o.k., I just know you've all been on pins and needles waiting to hear about what's going on...or at least pretending to be. I'll take that too.

Life has been moving pretty fast lately and unfortunately attention to the old blog has been minimal. The big move is this weekend. I've been driving myself nuts running around trying to get boxes, pack all of my stuff (never realized how much junk I accumulated until this move) and get the house ready for moving into. We did manage to finish painting at the end of last week. My room is a nice sunny yellow color. Not too overpowering but just enough yellow in there to make me smile everytime I walk into the room. Can't wait to get it filled with my furniture and decorated. Even better, I can't wait to get the balcony ready. It will need to be scraped and painted when the weather gets a little warmer but after that it's all mine! I intend on making it my own little slice of heaven. A place to escape my jobs, my family and anything else that causes me stress. Today Bob and I took a large UHaul full of boxes and furniture to the house. The only problem we encountered is with the beds. The house was built in the 1930s and has much narrower hallways than a modern home. The boxsprings won't fit up the stairwell so they'll need to be hauled over my balcony to the second floor on Saturday. Woo-hoo!

Friday night was my first official night at Red Lobster. I ran food for the other servers all night. For my effort I was tipped out with $65 from the servers I helped. Only mishap of the night was when I dropped a plate at one of the tables. The tray was slippery and my hand slipped right out from underneath it. Actually I'm lucky I only lost one plate. Sigh. After profusely apologizing to the server and the lady I almost dropped the plate on I went back into the back room, let myself have a good cry and went right back to work. No rest for the weary. Monday I had my first night as a server, no trainer helping me out. I thought I did o.k. My tips weren't too bad so I must not have been too horrible. I must say, it is nice to come home with some money in my pocket. It will be a good job to earn some extra money for all of those bills I need to pay off. Hopefully I can get some dinero saved up for my trip next year.

Let's see, let's see...I know there was more I wanted to mention. Oh, my parents. So yeah, they went on their little weekend trip. Problem? They came back the same night they left. My dad gave some lame excuses about his kidney stones, work, blah, blah, blah. Whatever. See what I mean about not believing a thing the man says? It's going to be a long time before our relationship is repaired. It's a horrible thing to say but it's true. He's hurt mom and by extention me more times than I care to admit. In fact, I doubt we'll ever be as close as we were. I love my dad but we'll never be the friends we once were. He ruined that part of it for me four years ago.

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful! The temps were in the mid-60s, the sun was shining and just absolutley wonderful. It was so nice I dug out my pink short sleeved V-neck from Old Navy (it makes me smile everytime I wear it). I was supposed to be packing yesterday morning but after a trip to Wal-Mart I couldn't resist enjoying the weather so I took the long way home by way of Sam Lewis State Park (my favorite spot in the world). The park overlooks the Susquehanna River and when I'm there I fell like the queen of the world. On a clear day you can see all over the county. I love it there. Yesterday I had the park all to myself. After running around like a little kid in the playground area and turning a few cartwheels (or trying to), I parked myself on a bench, threw my head back, closed my eyes and just sat there letting all of the cobwebs get swept out of my mind. All of the bad stuff (or most of it) just went flying out of my head and I took in the beautiful day without one bit of remorse for anything. It felt good. Really good. It was the reminder I needed as to just how lucky I am to have so many good friends and a loving (if not crazy) family around me. It was a wonderful reminder of just how good my life is (even if I don't always think so), a good reminder of how good things do happen, I just need to open my eyes and see them.

Listen to me being all philisophical. Lol, who knew? Just call me Socrates.

No comments: