Thursday, April 29, 2004

For the last two days I've been working on the news side of the office, helping the news ed. assistants get caught up. No major biggie, I just typed in weddings, engagements and anniversaries. Oh, I also helped out the Living Mag. editor but only because he's such a nice guy and promised me Smithwicks in payment. Or I coerced him into paying me in Smithwicks. Or something like that. I don't know.

Even though I was trapped inside both yesterday and today I did manage to get some sunshine time in. Today I went and had lunch downtown with my old friend Brad. It was so beautiful I loved it. It was also nice to be able to hang out with Brad. Now that he's married with a child we don't see too much of each other anymore. Unfortunately that seems to be the case with my married friends. The all go and get hitched then we don't hang out like we used to. Of course, if I actually could hold onto a guy for more than 6 months maybe I could go do couples type things with them. I'll believe that one when I see it. Also managed to escape for about an hour to get in a run. Felt very good because I took the time I was out there to clear my head. Get the fog out if you will. Weird how I used to dread the thought of running now I look forward to it. Who knew?!

This weekend is the Wilmington Writer's Conference. Lyzz and I usually go to get a little professional development and drink our patooties off. She has decided her mission this year is to find me someone to hook up with. You know what, I'm just looking to have a good time. That's all. I'd like to be able to learn something while I'm there, get the kick in the pants I need to improve my writing and move on with life. What ever happens will happen. There is one place that was suggested to me to try while we're there. I've been told by a reliable source they carry Smithwicks. All I would need is one pint, one pint to make me happy.

I'm easy like that.


No comments: