Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Today was primary election day in my state. For the first time since I turned 18 I didn't participate. Due to my lack of organization plus the move a month ago I forgot to change my address to the new district I live in. Hence, no voting for me today. Sigh. I'm very disappointed in myself. The election process is very exciting to me and I'm always on everyone else's case to get their butts to the polls and have their say. I'll be settled for the biggie in November though. The big election around here is for the Senate, good old Arlen is up for re-election this year. He's got some stiff competition and though you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a conservative Republican I don't think Arlen's going to lose. That's good, I guess. If it has to be a Republican its better they are moderate. Lesser of two evils and all of that.

The concert was AWESOME! As I was walking to get into line I did start to second guess myself though about going. From the look of most of the people in line I looked about 10 years too old to be there. I think the average age of most of the concert goers was about 18. Oh well. If you can't actually be that age you might as well act it, right? I had a blast. Maroon5 was excellent. They played a lot of tunes from their Songs About Jane CD as well as a cool cover of Nine Inch Nails' Closer. The set wasn't long (they came on around 9 p.m. and I was out of there by 10:30) but it was good. One thing I never noticed before is for a skinny white guy, Adam Levine, the lead singer of Maroon 5 is HOT! Nice piece of eye candy. I contemplated using my contacts to weasle my way onto the bus but decided against it. I'm not that kind of girl...o.k., maybe I am but not lately.

Ran a new 5k course today. Found out through a friend of mine at job #1 there was a trail at one of the county parks so I went out and checked it out. Slowed me up as the trail is a cross country type and I wasn't too sure of some of my turns but it was nice. The weather was perfect for it. I passed a lot of walkers and made friends with a very nice yellow lab along the way. I may start going to the new trail every now and then just to shake things up a little bit. It's hillier than my usual route, making it a nice change of pace.

No comments: