Monday, April 12, 2004

Yesterday I was handed another GA/newsy type story to write. I love doing this kind of thing. I really do need to get my butt in gear and update my resume. Can't spend my life waiting for something to happen, can I?

Today was an absolute disaster at work at the Lobster. I dropped a tray of food off of one of the alley countertops (where the food is prepped before we take it to the tables), had a totally bitchy pain in the butt lady at one of my tables and spilled an entire bottle of root beer down the front of my shirt. Sigh. After things slowed down I went into the back soda station and cried. I hate being like that, no job should get you down but I couldn't help it. My emotions and hormones got the better of me. I guess I can only hope tomorrow goes a little better. Fingers will be crossed.

Tonight was the going away dinner for one of my friends at job #1. She's taken a position at a publishing firm and today is her last. Sigh. I'll miss her. There are only three of us in the sports department and we all kind of stuck together. Our own little sorority if you will. Now there are only two of us left. Depresses me to no end. At least her husband will still be around here so she won't totally disappear into the night without a word like so many of my other friends from here have done. As much as I stick up for my friends and would do anything for them, there comes a point when I just decide to let a friendship die. You can only do so much to stay in touch with someone, without them contacting you back, before you throw up your hands and say it isn't worth it anymore.

Lol, holy run on sentence batman. Sigh. I need to go home and sleep off this funk. I hate myself when I'm like this.

No comments: