Sunday, April 11, 2004

What a rainy, cold, icky day today was. From the looks of it, the rest of the week isn't going to be much better. Blah. Happy freaking April.

Got to hang out with some old friends last night. Leslie and Deb were back in town (from Hoboken, NJ and Williamsburg, VA respectively) for the holiday and as tradition holds, we all got together. Les was intrigued by the idea of our hometown actually having a half decent bar to go to so that was where we went. I hadn't been inside the Hardware Bar since the remodeling and I have to admit, it is an improvement over the way the place looked before. Still, I couldn't help feeling a little out of place. The new club, Vertigo and the Rain Lounge seem to me more for the younger crowd. The Hardware Bar itself is a good place to hang out. At least they were playing decent music while I was there. I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon though.

Tuesday night at midnight I'm taking my sister out for her 21st birthday. She's all kinds of excited for it. Personally, it makes me feel freaking old. We're just going to hit one of the local establishments for a few drinks and then call it a night. Nothing too over the top. Maybe we'll do over the top this weekend...hmmm. Must remember to look into that possibility.

No comments: