Saturday, April 10, 2004

Friday Five, better late than never:


1. What do you do for a living? I'm a wanna be writer for our local daily newspaper and part-time server at Red Lobster.

2. What do you like most about your job? I love (this is at the newspaper) the unpredictability of it. When I go in for a shift in news on Sundays I never know what I'm going to be doing. Sure I have story ideas ( I am the obit reporter after all. It's really not a morbid as it sounds) but sometimes I do actually get to do real news stories and I love it when I do.

3. What do you like least about your job? Nothing really. I totally love all of the people I work with and my editors have been so wonderful and patient with me as I'm learning the journalism biz. As for Red Lobster, well, I hate the fact that I speant 4 years in college, earned my BA and now need to work two jobs just to pay the bills. Oh, and some of the people that I have to serve are pretty odd too.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____... Someone or something ticked me off at some point and I lost my temper. Or I didn't get enough sleep the night before.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in? None really. I would absolutely love to have a full time writing job somewhere. Anywhere. At one point I thought a job in the travel industry would be pretty cool, I mean, you'd get to go to some pretty neat places if you wanted to.



No comments: