Sunday, May 30, 2004

Happy Sunday!

Yesterday's trip to Hershey Park was great! Perfect weather, fun with my friends and awesome rides. Couldn't ask for anything better. We (the current room mate, Marti and I) got ourselves on the road around 10 a.m. and surprisingly enough didn't have too many problems with traffic. I guess anyone who was going out of town this weekend left Friday. But I digress. We did the Chocolate World ride, which no trip to Hershey is complete without. Then we headed over to the 3D movie. It was interesting, a little creepy at points but interesting. By the time we were done fiddling around in Chocolate World it was almost 12:30 so we headed over to the lunch tent which was set up for us by my old music fraternity. We ate and socialized for a little bit then headed off for the rides.

Considering how nice the weather was I expected waits of up to an hour or more. Wasn't the case. We were able to walk right up to some of the rides and on a few we only had about a 20 minute wait. Not bad. Just the way I like my amusement park experience to go. Before I knew it the big hand was on the 12, the little on the 10 and we were being ushered out of the park . Jeez. Time really does fly when you're having fun. By the time we got home it was late so I went right to bed. Bob and Marti stayed up to watch Miracle.

I love amusement parks. I'm glad we went. Gave me the opportunity to act like the kid I really am. Oh sure, there were some rides I didn't get on (as opposed to with alcohol, I know my limits on rides). All in all it was a good day.

I'm supposed to be making appearances at two, count 'em two, bbq's today. My friend Anne is in town and introducing everyone to her new boyfriend, Nate. They actually came over last night for a little bit after we got home. Nate seems really nice. Very fun. I'm so j-e-a-l-o-u-s. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Anne like a sister and I'm so happy to see her happy and so obviously in love. Just reminded me of my eternal singledom. Hopefully something will be done about that soon. We'll see.

The other barbeque is at my aunt's. Woo-hoo. Like I don't see these people about 5 bazillion times a year anyway. I'm not in any hurry to get there. Depends on when I leave Anne's parents' house.

In honor of today officially being Memorial Day (not when we take off for it) check out this site for information on how it got started, traditions associated with it and other interesting tidbits about this holiday.

Enjoy.


No comments: