Friday, May 21, 2004

I just got home from work today at the Lobster. God I am so tired. I went in at 11:30 this morning and worked straight through until I was let go a little bit ago. Sigh. Some days I really hate working there. Just reminds me that I've got this college degree (which I'm still paying off by the way) and I'm not doing a damn thing with it. Makes me feel totally useless. Like I wasted those four years. *Big Sigh* I need to get on the ball and get myself a full time job somewhere. I know I've been saying that forever but it's true. I want a full time job again, I really do. I just haven't been motivated enough or confident enought to get my stuff together and apply for a writing job.

Funny huh? I write all the time in this thing and at job #1 but I don't have the confidence to apply for a real writing job. On some level I feel inferior because I don't have that all important journalism school degree. I'd love to go back to college and get one, but since I'm so freaking broke right now it's not going to happen any time soon.

Tomorrow promises to be interesting. I've got a wedding to go to. My godsister Sarah is getting hitched. The interesting part comes from the fact that no one in the family likes the guy she's marrying. Even better is the fact that the reception is open bar. A definite recipe for tragedy. I love it. I'm just going to sit back in my sleevless 50s inspired Old Navy dress, new kitten heeled sandles, sipping a mai tai and watch the fun unfold. My only worry tomorrow night will be how to get the hell out of there before the dreaded bouqet toss. Shudder. I hate that. It's like Hey, let's drag all of the single pathetic losers onto the dance floor where everyone can see them, point at them, and make them fight over a flimsy bunch of flowers just so they can get felt up by the groom's loser cousin!

No thanks. This girl plans to be either so drunk she can't see straight by that time or getting the hell out of Dodge.


No comments: