Sunday, May 09, 2004

This was one heck of a weekend. Started off with a bang (or almost a bang) Frinday night and the party just kept going straight through to today. So to speak. Actually, my weekend got rolling Thursday night after work when a bunch of us went out for some beers and discussion about the happenings at job #1. After all that went on, we needed it. Turns out I didn't get home until well after 3 a.m. Good thing I didn't have to be up early the next day. I actually slept in until noon. Felt good. Real good. I haven't done that since college.

Friday night I worked at the Lobster until about 9:30 then joined up with a group out to give our publisher a proper send off (with beer of course). I had only planned on staying out for a beer or two then going home but I was having so much fun I stayed until the bitter end. Didn't get home until close to 2 a.m. Lol, almost sounds like I'm trying to relive my college years after the fact. Last night we were so busy at the Lobster I went straight home and fell into bed. I could have gone out with some friends from the Lobster but I was just too tired. We were super busy, which was good for me because that translates into more dinero to pay off my bills. Today was the same. Mother's day is considered one of their biggest days of the year and after working it, I understand why. I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off from 11 a.m. until my relief showed up at 4. Holy cow, I had no idea so many people take their mother's out for dinner! In my own family the tradition was for us to go to the annual Street Fair. We would take shorts and t-shirts to church, change after services were over and spend the rest of the afternoon meandering from one end to the other. Ah, those were the days. Now I work Sundays and my sister is usually off doing something with her in-laws. Sigh. My poor mom. I did get to call her today and talk for a half hour in between jobs. Tomorrow I'm going to have lunch with her at her job. She's a lunch lady at the middle school I went to so we're having whatever the kids are having. Chicken tenders and fries I think. Better get in a run in the morning before I go.

Lastly here's a little something from Quizilla for you since Friday Five is no longer available...

surprise
You have a surprise kiss! Your partner is always
pleasantly pleased to have you jump outta no
where to dote them with a fun peck on the cheek
or more passionate embrace. super markets and
work places are your favorite places to attack
your loved one with all your love =p


What kind of kiss are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: