Friday, May 07, 2004

Stumbled upon this wonderful little site the other night by way of Alex's website. As I am getting older I find I enjoy coking and baking more and more. The guys at job #1 don't know it yet but they are going to be my guinea pigs for the Cranberry/Bannana bread.

Speaking of job #1, big changes have happened here. If you want all of the gory details check out the story we ran this morning. For me it means a new boss in sports and techincally a new boss on the news side too. We also had three new writers join the sports staff. The combining of our staffs isn't going to be easy, as the new people were all brought over from our competitor just down the street. We've spent too many years mocking each other in our respective newsrooms to hit it off right away but I think once things settle down we'll be all right. There seems to be a mutual respect for the writting talent of each other. Or something like that. The newsroom has been totally reconfigured too. Features/Living is now all the way on the other side of the room. Bummer because I can't talk to my friends that much anymore. Business is now near us. Lots of new desks have been added. So much change. The one I'm most bummed about is the up in the air status of my Sunday's. That is my day to write. Or was my day

My knee has been bothering me again. It hasn't popped out but Tuesday when I went for my run it was tender and a little stiffer than usual. Today it was making that weird grinding noise it makes when I've been on my feet too long.

Getting old sucks. Tomorrow I'm sure my knee will be nice and swollen. Woo-hoo.

The heck with it. Time to go get a beer and hang out for a little bit.

No comments: