Wednesday, May 05, 2004

This morning I overslept. The plan was to get out of bed, go for a run and then off to work. Because I didn't crawl into bed until close to 2 a.m. that didn't happen. Now I'm home and well, just don't feel like it. Is that wrong? Shouldn't I want to work out a little bit? Theoretically (I think I just invented a word) yes. Otherwise, well, who knows.

Tonight I'm supposed to go shopping for a mother's day gift with my sister. This could be an adventure. We both have two different philosophies when it comes to shopping. I am of the get in, get what you need and get out school. She is of the browse every store and every rack in that store for hours on end school. Never a good combination for a shopping trip. I'm hoping to distract her by the promise of margarita's in celebration of Cinco de Mayo after we are finished. Depends on how long we take though. I do feel bad about Mother's day this year. Instead of spending it with my mom, I'll be working. Both jobs. Sigh. Like Valentines day Mother's day kind of depresses me. I fully expected to be a mom by this point in my life. Aren't most 28 year olds? But I'm not. Heck, I still haven't even stumbled onto Mr. Right or even Mr. O.k. You'll do for now let alone anyone I'd want to have a child with. Well, I almost did. But that's a different story for a different time.

Only one more month until Brent comes home! I'm so excited I can't wait to see him again. It feels like its been more than a year and a half. I hope he comes and stays with us for a few weeks.

Then there will be partying. Oh yes, there will be partying.

No comments: