Tuesday, June 08, 2004


As if I didn't need anymore motivation. And no, those are NOT my feet. Posted by Hello

Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in about a month. It was a horrible affair. I actually closed my eyes and held my breath (as if that's going to make me any thinner). When I opened my eyes I noticed I was up three pounds. Three freaking pounds! Ugh. It seems like I keep losing and gaining the same three to five pounds over and over again. Oh, I know I only have myself to blame. As much as I want to pin the increase on PMS I know there's only one person who should get all of the blame. Me.

I've come to the realization I've been getting lazy when it comes to taking care of myself. Sure I still run, but not on a regular basis. Granted I have hockey, but most nights I'll still come home and eat before I go to bed. Not a good thing. There have been other things going on in my life and true to form, when I'm feeling bad or sorry for myself I turn to food. Not a good thing at all.

So I'm starting to make changes. Yesterday I ran (3 miles) and stayed pretty much to plan food wise. Today I'm off a little bit but that's o.k. Everyday is a new chance to start over again. Not that I should screw things up on a daily basis and try to go back to square one each day. No. Instead I need to get back on track. Run more often. Lay off the "bad snacks" (ie: chocolate, Rita's, etc.). Try Pilates or Yoga like I've been saying I'm going to for the past year or so.

Shake things up a bit. Sometimes that's just what we need in life. A little smack in the face and a change to get our butts in gear.

Here's to change and all the fun that goes with it.

No comments: