Friday, June 11, 2004

Today I got up early with the intention of getting a good run in, busting butt on some obit stories and getting a few things done around the house. One out of three isn't so bad, is it? I did get up and run (despite the rain) a good 3.5 miles and boy do I feel good! Funny how I forget how good I feel after exercise when I haven't done it in a long time. That's three times this week I've exercised (go me!). Food's been better too so we'll see what happens with the scale when I weigh in next Friday. I shudder to think about it.

I also got sucked into the televising of Ronald Reagan's state funeral. Wasn't sure what to expect but it was nice. Each speaker gave a good mix of the funny with the serious, adding personal anecdotes along with the long laundry list of Reagan's achievements in life. My favorite speaker was former Canadian PM Brian Mulroney. Say what you will about the man but boy is he eloquent. I finally pulled myself away from the coverage when the ceremony was over. No need to watch the procession to Andrews AFB.

Tuesday night I ran into someone I graduated with from high school. The room mate and I went to a fundraiser/benefit/awards ceremony for Main Street York which my good friend Brad is executive director of. As we were walking in the door there she was. Seeing as how I didn't necessarily like this girl that much when we were in high school I had no desire to stop and talk to her. Not the room mate. He went walking right up to her. Sigh. So I was forced to paste a smile on my face and pretend I was happy to see her. Blah, blah, blah. She's still as snobby as she was in high school. Whatever. The rest of the night was fun though. We tasted food from several different downtown restaurants, participated in a silent auction (I won one of the things I bid on, go me!) and after the awards were presented attended the champagne and dessert event. A very nice evening.

This weekend promises to be a looooong one. I will be working at the Lobster tonight, tomorrow morning and Sunday morning as well as at job #1 tomorrow night. Talk about your fun and exciting weekends! Yeah, right.

Oh, and while we're at it, let us not forget another living legend has died.

Long live Ray Charles.

No comments: