Sunday, July 11, 2004

Mazzy Star's Fade Into You is playing in my ears right now. I've taken to listening to Launch.com when I'm at work on Sundays. The music drowns out the other noises around me. The song always reminds me of college. I don't know if Ship's radio station just played it that much or what, but it is a song I've always liked. So mellow. Reminds me of some people too. But who is for me to know and you to well, find out I guess...nah, I'll keep that to myself.

Went and saw Spiderman 2 last night. It wasn't bad. Don't know if it was worth the bloody $8 I paid to get into the theater (remember when $8 not only got you in but bought you a large popcorn and soda as well?), but it was all right. The special effects are a lot better in this one than they were in the first. This one focuses more on the love story between MJ and Peter Parker. While I'm up for a good love story as much as the next girl it just didn't do anything for me. Of course, having my friend Anne next to me cracking me up the whole time didn't help matters. At one point she made a comment about the correlation between Spiderman's inability to shoot webs to a guys inability to get the job done (if you catch my drift). I laughed so loud when she made that comment I thought the people next to me were going to shoot me. Lol, only Anne.

Yesterday was actually a very short and relaxing day. The Lobster was not that busy so I was sent home relatively early. Not good for the bank account. Not good at all. I had a major breakdown about my finances the other day. All it really did was galvinize me in my search for a new job. I mean, I'm going nowhere fast at job #1 and as much as I would hate to leave there ( so many friends and good memories would be left behind) sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do it. Sigh. So the resume is being updated and a new round of job announcements are being answered. I have to do something. It's getting to the critical point.

No comments: