Wednesday, September 01, 2004


Wish I could go too... Posted by Hello

Last night as I was waiting for Jonda at Borders I happened to look up and catch a large V of geeses flying overhead. Just the sight of those big beautiful birds winging their way south made me restless. Blame it on my large independent streak or the fact that I'm a Saggitarius (a notoriously independent sign of the zodiac), but this time of the year makes me want to just take off. Hop in the car and head out for parts unknown. See what's on the other side of the red, orange and yellow colored hills. Sigh. If only I didn't have to work.

Seeing the geese also reminded me that fall is just around the corner. You know what that means...time to change purses. Being as how I'm still unbelieveabley poor there will be no new ones this year. Maybe. Instead I'll go through the ritual cleaning out of the old and switching to the fall bag (probably my red one again this year) sometime after Labor Day. It's a habit I picked up from my mom. Every year my mom buys at least four new purses, one for each season. So really I can blame the addiction on my genes.

Yesterday I also did something I shouldn't have. I stepped back on the scale again. *GASP* The numbers were not kind. Time for some tough love. And more exercise. A lot more exercise. I didn't realize I had slipped so much until I took the plunge yesterday morning. Good thing I did too. Let's face it, fat girls don't get dates. I know this from experience. I should probably thank my lucky stars that the guy I went out with two weeks (yes, it's been two weeks now) ago went out with me at all.

In the mean time if we ever see each other again I've got to start concentrating on myself and being more healthy. This up and down crap needs to stop once and for all.


No comments: