Saturday, February 12, 2005

Next stop, South Station

After we were checked into the room, Beth and I looked at each other and said, "Let's go get a drink!" As if the Tangueray slushies we sucked down not an hour earlier were not enough.

We stopped by the front desk and asked where the happening hot spots were in Rutland, Vt. Turns out there aren't too many. But the nice girl behind the counter pointed us in the direction of a place right across the parking lot (so convenient). In no time flat we were sipping on our Grey Goose and Cranberry's enjoying some good conversation with our bartender, George.

Soon the others found their way over and we all enjoyed a nice dinner out together punctuated by a few more drinks and even better conversation as the night wore on.

It started getting late and we wanted an early jump on the skiing the next day so most of us went back to the hotel and hopped in the pool. I had forgotten to pack a swimsuit so I just put on some old boxers and what I thought would be a perfectly reasonable tank top. Notice the word though in that previous sentence. Yeah.

As soon as I hit the water that sucker turned see through. It took me awhile to figure it out too, not until I noticed the guys staring profusely at my chest. I looked down, uttered a pretty loud four letter expletive and ran for my towel. The room mate thought it was hilarious. He was probably just glad to see a nice set of boobs for once.

But I digress.

I was starting to get tired so I went back to the room to hit the sack. Beth had other plans. She went back to the bar and didn't return until the next morning...as we were leaving to head up to Killington.

What a party animal.

No comments: