Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Red in the morning...

One of my grandmother's favorite sayings is "Red at night, sailor's delight; Red in the morning, sailor's take warning." I couldn't help but be reminded of that this morning as I was driving to work with a brilliant redish orange sky to the East. We aren't supposed to get any rain today, but you never know.

My grandmother is a pretty intuitive lady. And the only one in my family not pushing me on the whole no boyfriend/fiance/husband thing.

Some rain would be nice, it would fit my mood.

I'm very eh today. Tiredness from work is a big part of it. The Lobster was slammed last night with couples out for a nice dinner on the V-Day holiday. I just wasn't into it. Most of my life I've had no particular feeling about Valentine's Day and this year was no different. Chalk it up to bitterness about still being single and nowhere near any kind of committed relationship. Or chalk it up to apathy, but February 14 holds no particular interest for me.

Somewhere along the way I think I've given up. I'm tired of the effort of trying to date. Tired of the whole process and I'll be the first to admit, I don't even really try anymore. Do my hair for work? You're lucky if I've used my hair dryer. Makeup? Ha, yeah right. Clothes? Jeans and a t-shirt for a night out at the bar, right?


My grandmother has another saying "Good things come to those who wait." But what if you've been waiting for so long, you've forgotten what you're waiting for?

No comments: