Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My Condolences...

Somewhere, in an apartment in Hoboken, N.J. a sympathy card is sitting on a table with my name and address already on it. The stamp is probably already on the envelope. The card is already signed with a big flourishing hand. This means only one thing.

It's NCAA Basketball Tournament Time.

It's a sick little tradition, really when you think about it, started freshman year of college by my best friend Leslie and I. Actually, she started it. Off at Syracuse, a nice safe distance away, she decided it would be funny to send a sympatchy card when my beloved Dukies were bounced in the first round. I didn't find it amusing at the time.

For the past 10 years we've been trading cards like that. Whomever's team is bounced first get's the card. I'm proud to say she's gotten more than I have over the years, all though the 2003 card hurt hard core. Considering the Orangemen were national champs and all. I'm hoping this year will be different. I love my Dukies but man, this season was T-O-U-G-H.

So we'll see. Tomorrow and Friday, in honor of the best holiday of the year, I am using vacation days to celebrate properly. We'll begin the festivities at 8 a.m. with Kegs & Eggs at one of the local establishments. From there, God only knows where we'll end up.

What a way to start a Thursday, beer, breakfast and basketball. God I love March.

No comments: