Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Another person's bed

I'm three days into my 10 day housesitting gig and have gotten about a grand total of 10 hours of sleep since Sunday night.

I've always had a hard time sleeping in unfamiliar beds. Even back when I was a kid it would take me a few days to get used to whatever bed I was occupying for the week while we were on vacation. This time around is no different. While it is a step up from my own (they have a queen size with a new mattress while I have a full with an old mattress) I just can't get comfortable.

Sigh.

Maybe by the end of next week I'll be used to it. Who knows.

The dog sleeping with me isn't helping. She likes to be right there at you. It's almost like having another person in the bed. Another reason I can't catch any sleep. If I know there's someone else in bed with me, I don't sleep well. Even when Him and I were doing whatever the hell that was last fall, I never slept well knowing he was right there. It didn't matter if we were on the futon (the god awful most uncomfortable piece of furniture I've ever slept on) or my own bed, I often woke up the next morning tired and unrested.

So for the next week and a half this is how it's going to be. Me sleeping in someone else's bed, getting little sleep and praying for my own smaller, lumpier piece of heaven at home.

No comments: