Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Busy beaver

The whirlwind of activity this past weekend almost did me in. I was never so excited to see a weekend come to an end than I was Sunday night at 11 p.m. when I finally walked out the door of my place of employment.

That's right, I said 11 p.m.

Let's start at the beginning, shall we? After an incredibley sloooowwwww day Friday at work I finally escaped, got in some gym time, showered and made ready for a night out with friend Krysee. We had made plans to go to one of the local bars where her friend Clarissa's husband was playing on the deck. Because, well, we're girls, it took us some organizing before we rolled out around 9ish (Billy's set started at 8). By the time we got there a good number of people were crowded onto the deck but we managed to finagle a table. Soon we were pounding down the beers and before I knew it I was one shnockered biotch. Boy was I shnockered.

I was so schnockered I had myself convinced I look good with my *ahem* reddish hair color. But I digress.

Eventually we (Mike, his friend Neil and I) headed out to the diner for something to soak up the alcohol. Thanks to Rob, I still had a craving for chipped beaf and toast. Let me tell you, it tastes better going down than it does coming back up. Guh. I very rarely get sick when I drink but when I do, hoo boy, look out. Luckily I wasn't hung over the next day. Lots of water post trip to the bathroom did the trick.

Saturday was a day spent with the fam. The little Sis and Bro-in-law wanted to have everyone over for a BBQ at the old homestead before they headed back to North Carolina, so the family converged on the parent's house for burgers, hot dogs and brats. It was nice to see some of my cousins that I don't talk to that often and just hang out. Relax. By the time we finished cleaning up it was after 9 and I was ready for bed. I think I lasted another hour or so before I crashed.

Because there are only 3 people on my team at work, we need to make sure all of our shifts are covered when one of us is out. Marie is on vacay this week so guess who drew the short stick and has to work Sunday's? Yeah, that would be me. Not only did I have to work Sunday but we had storms blow through that knocked the power out for about 2 hours. Hence the reason why I was there until 11 p.m. The big boss gave me the go ahead to do everything in advance and come in late yesterday.

Hey, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Coming in late gave me an additional 2 hours of sleep but it also put me behind in getting to hockey later than usual. Finally, after running around like a chicken with it's head cut off for the past three days I hit the pillows at 10:30 and slept straight through until this morning.

Just more proof, watch what you wish for (see Friday's post). You just might get it!

No comments: