Sunday, October 23, 2005

Stick that in your Funk & Wagnall's

Regret: the feeling when you wake up in the morning that you did something you really should not have after consuming one too many Long Island Iced Tea's.

Regret is not a word I try to associate with anymore. The real definition that is. By this stage of the game regret is something that can literally rip me to shreds.

So yes, there was some rowdiness last night. And yes, many Long Island Iced Tea's were consumed. And yes, I picked my cell phone up at 3 a.m. and left a message I shouldn't have on someone's voicemail.

Sigh.

What it boils down to is I crossed the line. Instead of keeping my big mouth shut I left a message for one of my male friends that put the toe of my new ballet flats over the "friends" line. Now I'm afraid I've blown it because you know how it gets when that happens. We've all been there. The line get's crossed, things get weird and you never get back to the incredibley fun hangout buddies you were before.

So to quote Ethan Hawke in Reality Bites "I have this planet of regret, sitting on my shoulders."